Upcoming beginners courses: (click to book)
About the training course:
- This is a beginners course that will take you to an intermediate level of skill with PlanetGIS. At the end of the course you will be able to create and maintain your own PlanetGIS projects.
- The cost is R4800 for three days which includes lunch and refreshments.
- The facilitator is Paul van Helden. (You will receive training from the author of the software).
- Training starts at 8:30 and ends at 15:30.
- All our data will be available to copy (though only a limited amount of orthophotos because of time constraints).
- The course will earn you 1 CPD point, ONLY if you are registered with PLATO. We will approach other professional bodies upon request. We will issue a letter of attendance after the course.
- A software license is not required to complete the course. We will provide everything you need.
- A printed training manual will be provided to minimize the need to take notes.
- You will need to bring along your own computer if you would like to participate hands-on (recommended).
- Bring your own projects and data for help and advice specific to your own activities.
The programme will be as follows:
- Basic concepts: from points/lines/polygons to views & styles
- All basic functions in the software up to creating your own printouts with frames
- Importing and exporting information
- Creating your own projects and using other projects as a base
- Capturing & manipulating features
- Adding attributes and capturing information
- Thematic mapping
- Trainee-directed sessions
- Working with attendees' own projects, project-specific advice, etc.
Advanced training courses are planned for the second half of 2015.